Bar-Be-Quick Foil Bag expands to create a steamy cooking chamber that maintains moisture and succulence. A unique window lets you see the food cooking, automatically venting to allow excess steam to escape while cooking. The window can be easily peeled away to let you stir, add more ingredients and serve.
“Cooking en papillote” is a traditional French method in which you seal the food in a pouch and bake. It is a particularly healthy method where the food essentially steams in the oven in its own juices, retaining a lot of the flavour and requiring very little fat The bag is the ideal solution for cooking en papillote. It is simple to use, easier for serving and there is no mess to clear up. The bag allows you to cook different dishes at the same time. Meat and vegetarian dishes can be cooked side by side with no risk of cross contamination. You can even prepare the food and bag in advance giving you more time with your guests when they arrive.
The bag is approx. A4 in size and must be horizontal during cooking. Please allow space after adding your food to fold down the open side, allowing room for the bag to steam itself.
Four simple steps to using your Bar-Be-Quick Foil Bag
- Place food in Bar-Be-Quick Bag and fold the end over twice approximately 10mm and press down to seal
- Place onto the barbecue or in the oven ensuring the window is facing upwards
- You can peel back the window anytime to stir or add ingredients
- Use a spoon to remove the cooked food from the Bar-Be-Quick Bag and serve
Ensure that the window is facing upwards at all times. The window film must not be exposed to heat greater than 220°C. If cooking on a barbecue with a lid, the lid must be left off to prevent this from occurring. If placing the Bar-Be-Quick Bag in an oven dish, use oven mitts to handle the dish and Bar-Be-Quick Bag after cooking. Always check the product is piping hot before serving and take care when opening the bag as the contents will be hot.
- The window peels away for you to add ingredients or stir,
- At the end of cooking the FoilBag can also be used as a serving dish.
- Size is approximately A4 measuring 210mm x 300mm.