We are Rectella International Limited (company number: 01172901) trading as “Bar-Be-Quick”. We act as data controller in respect of your personal data and you can contact us by writing to us at Rectella International Limited, Bancroft Road, Burnley, Lancashire BB10 2TP, calling us on +44 (0)1282 478200 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We operate the website www.barbequick.com (website).
What we collect
We may collect the following personal data about you:
- Your name and email address for the purpose of completing a purchase on our website and/or for creating an account with us and/or for sending blog updates and other relevant information where you have registered to received our Grill Guide
- Your address, phone number and payment details for the purpose of completing a purchase on our website and/or for creating an account with us
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, & details of which version of web browser you used.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect
What we do with the personal data we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the personal data to improve our products and services. In particular, we may use your IP address to analyse how you engage with us (on our website and through our email communications) to assist us in improving our website and review the effectiveness of our communications.
- Where you have made a purchase with us, we will use this information to supply the products/services you have requested, to process your payment and to provide our customer services and related administrative support to you.
- Where you have made an enquiry or complaint, we will use this information to deal with your enquiry or complaint and provide our services to you.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your personal data to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data:
- We process your IP address on the basis of our legitimate interests of keeping our website up to date and relevant, developing our business and informing our marketing strategy.
- We process your personal data which you provide to us when making a purchase or for an enquiry/complaint to perform our contract with you.
- Where we are using your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including subscription to our GrillGuide), our lawful basis for processing will be your consent.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect. All personal data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and shall be protected by encryption. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
The length of time for which we will securely store any personal data you share with us will depend on the type of personal data and the purpose for which it is being held. The following are indicative periods for which we will retain your personal data:
- where we are holding your personal data as a subscriber to our GrillGuide, for so long as you continue to be such a subscriber.
- where we are holding your personal data for the purpose of sending promotional emails about new products, special offers etc, for so long as you consent to receive such communications.
- where we are holding your personal data for customer service reasons, for such period as is necessary to ensure that your query has been dealt with fully and properly in accordance with our usual standards.
- we will retain your IP address for a period of 1 month or, if longer, until your order has been delivered and closed on our system, following which it shall be deleted.
We do not transfer any of your personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
We will share some of your personal data with selected third parties. This will include our email platform, website host and other IT service providers, our product delivery agents and our payment processors.
In certain circumstances we may also need to share your personal data with our legal advisers, bankers, auditors and insurers and our regulators and other authorities, including HM Revenue & Customs.
In addition, we may make the following disclosures of your personal data to third parties where required:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rectella International Limited (or any company within our group), our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to use your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Controlling your personal data
You may withdraw your consent at any time. As noted above, some of our processing is subject to the lawful basis of “consent”. You are able to withdraw your consent to such processing at any time by either contacting us using the contact details set out below or following the “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” link in any marketing communications we send to you. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to us using your name and email address then you will no longer be able to receive our GrillGuide.
You have the following rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you:
- a right of access to a copy of such data;
- a right to object to processing on the basis of our legitimate interests that is likely to cause or is causing you damage or distress;
- a right to object to processing for direct marketing;
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked or destroyed;
- a right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- a right in certain circumstances to request that your personal data be transferred to you or another provider; and
- a right to request erasure of the personal data we hold about you.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details set out below.
Your right to make a complaint in respect of our use of your personal data. You have the right to complain in respect of our use of your personal data. If you are a UK resident, your complaint should be addressed to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us first before you escalate your complaint.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|The association with your shopping cart.
|Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
|The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
|Your preferred currency
|An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
|An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
|An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
|Stores the Customer Segment ID
|A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
|You sesssion ID on the server.
|Allows guests to edit their orders.
|The last category you visited.
|The most recent product you have viewed.
|Indicates whether a new message has been received.
|Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
|A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
|The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
|Information on what polls you have voted on.
|The items that you have recently compared.
|Information on products you have emailed to friends.
|The store view or language you have selected.
|The products that you have recently viewed.
|An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
|The number of items in your Wishlist.