STANDARD BBQ GRILL METHOD
For small cuts and food which take less than 20 mins to cook. Burgers, sausages, etc.
- Open the lid top vents and bowl bottom vent if the BBQ has these.
- Spread glowing briquettes across the full grate area evenly.
- Place the cooking grill and the food directly above the hot coals
Heat is allowed to spread around the food, this is a slower cook method great for larger joints and roasts or even for cakes!
- Fully open the top and bottom vents if your BBQ has these.
- Place glowing Briquettes on each side of the charcoal grate.
- Use a foil drip tray placed in the centre of the coals.
- Replace the cooking grill and place your food directly over the drip tray.
This uses the “Sear and Move” method to cook, where you directly cook over the hot coals then you move over to the drip tray so the food can continue to cook through slowly. Ideal for chicken breasts, medium cuts of meat, etc.
- Open the vents if your BBQ has these.
- Position glowing Briquettes in a pile to one side of the charcoal grate.
- Add a little water into the Drip Tray and place opposite.
- Place the food over the glowing coals to cook that’s to be cooked quickly.
- Place food that’s to be cooked slower over the drip tray.
Note:- On all 3 methods if the barbecue coals are too hot close the top vent slightly, to control or dampen the temperature down.
NOW WATCH OUR VIDEOS...
All our barbecue are tested to ensure they will stand up to our UK weather – Why? – because GRILLING is an all year activity, its not just something you pack away when the warm weather has gone.