PREPARATION – 35 Minutes
COOKING TIME – 150 Minutes
METHOD – Indirect
- 1.5-2 kg Gammon Joint, cross score the fat
Spiced Mustard & Honey glaze:
- 4 tbsp mustard
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2tbsp/50g light brown sugar
- 75ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
Delicious Gammon Joint roast. Give this show-stopper a try! – Just cross score the top fat layer.
- Put the mustard, sugar, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and spices in a saucepan.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and butter, then simmer for another 10 minutes and allow to cool.
At the barbecue:
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat, approx 175°C.
- Sit the joint on a large foil tray – bast the joint , cover with the bbq lid and leave to cook.
- Cook for about upto 2.5 hours or until the meat reaches a core temperature up to 75°C, brushing occasionally with the glaze. Take care not to let the barbecue get too hot or the glaze may burn.
- Remove the joint and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before carving.